b) General Principles of Carklik.my Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information to the extent required by applicable law, whenever Carklik.my collects personal information, Carklik.my will:
- provide timely and appropriate notice to you about our data practices;
- collect your personal information only for specified and legitimate purposes. The information we collect will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected;
- process your personal information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected or to which you have subsequently consented;
- take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and where necessary, kept up-to-date;
- not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes without giving you an opportunity to “opt-out”; and
- take appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personal information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers within Carklik.my.
c) Security of Your Personal Information
Your personal information will generally be stored in Carklik.my databases or databases maintained by our service providers. Carklik.my takes appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personal information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers within Carklik.my.
Carklik.my maintains reasonable safeguards to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your personal information. Although we use security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure, misuse, or alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet and will not be responsible for breaches of security beyond our reasonable control.
d) Carklik.my may share your personal information with third parties when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary: (i) to comply with a law, regulation, court order, or other legal process; (ii) to detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violation of our contracts or agreements, violation of law, or other misuse of Carklik.my online platform, Apps, products or services; (iii) to protect Carklik.my rights or property or yours or others’ health, safety, welfare, rights, or property; or (iv) under similar circumstances. If such an event occurs, Carklik.my will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
e) Carklik.my may share your personal information with third parties in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of Carklik.my or its holding company or a Carklik.my business unit, or under similar circumstances. If such an event occurs, Carklik.my will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
f) Carklik.my may share your information with your permission or at your request.